Sir J.C. Bose Memorial Award
Researchers from diverse fields were honoured with the Sir J.C. Bose Memorial Award in Bengaluru on Sunday. Former Chief Justice of India M.N. Venkatachaliah, and Baldev Raj, Scientist and Director, National Institute of Advanced Studies (second from left) along with award winners K.P. Ramesha, Principal Scientist, National Dairy Institute for Research; Prof. J.C. Umavathi, Gulbarga University; Ram Rajasekharan, Director, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru; and Athapa Manickam, Chairman, Air+Mak aerospace industries, Coimbatore. Five researchers from diverse fields were honoured with the Sir J.C. Bose Memorial Award at a ceremony here on Sunday for their contribution in fields ranging from food technology to nuclear power. Organised by the Indian Science Monitor, the award winners were Ram Rajasekharan, Director of the Central Food Technological Research Institute for work in food sciences; K.P. Ramesh, Principal Scientist at the National Dairy Research Institute for research in Dairy Industry; B.S. Srinath from Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Centre for research in cancer cure; Athapa Manickham from Air+Mak Industries in Coimbatore for development of aerospace industry; J.C. Umavathi, professor at Gulbarga University for research in fluid mechanics; and Rudolph Henry, Rebecca Shawver and Bruce Kieler from Wharton Country Junior College in USA for their contributions in Nuclear Power technology education programme. Read Full Article > Sir J.C. Bose Memorial Award
- 1970-Designed a new model telephone instrument.
- 1973- Registered MAK controls.
- First project-Designing of ring frame machine.
- 1976-Presented the Design of ASU.
- 1992-Brought GPU into national focus.
- Kerala government contacted to make indigenous aerobridges.
- American aviation consultants tied up to induct MAK technologies to US
- 1990 - Rotary Club of Coimbatore (Metropolis) - Vocational Excellence Award.
- 1995 - SIATI-Award for Excellence in Aerospace.
- 2003 - Ernst & Young - Entrepreneur of the Year Nominee.
- 2013-CMA-Mahendra - Best SME Entrepreneur Award.